4/1/21 – 9/30/21
A motorcycle grand tour of beautiful locations throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Welcome to the inaugural season of PNW Grand Tour! We are trying to fill a void for riders who are eager to get out and explore the beautiful roads of the PNW without the competitive nature of a timed rally. This rally was started as a labor of love to fill a void left by two earlier GT style rallies that no longer operate for a variety of reasons.Visit as many locations as you like from a selection in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and portions of Western Montana, Northern Nevada and Northern California.
The tour is primarily focused on getting riders out to explore some of the natural beauty found in our corner of the nation. So, do you want to take part? Take a look at the rules page (there are not that many of them) and if you like what you see, use the online registration form to sign up.
How does PNW GT work? A list of destinations will be sent to registered riders before the tour starts (planned for the end of February). GPS coordinates will provide the location of an object at the destination to get you as close as possible. Ride to the object and take a picture with your bike and provided rally flag included and send the picture to the tour via e-mail when convenient. Pictures will be scored as time allows and riders can expect to receive a response letting them know their efforts were accepted. The tour plans to maintain a simple status page that can be checked for completeness.
The registration fee for 2021 will be $20. We are also asking for an optional donation that will be given to a local YMCA to help them continue community programs. The YMCA is a lot more than just a fitness center. They do a tremendous amount of work in the community.
About the registration fee: our priority is to keep costs as low as possible, but it does cost a little bit to mail things and maintain a simple website.
Our goal is get you out on your bike on some of the most beautiful roads in the country!
- Updated registration and payment process. Registration is now online, payment is also prompted online using PayPal.
- Updated FAQ section.
- Updated Rules page to correct an erroneous e-mail address. The correct e-mail address for the tour is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added an “Update” page. We will use that page to post information of use to everyone. Check back periodically, or better yet, subscribe to updates via e-mail.
- Registration is now open! Please review the rules and download a registration form from the “Rules & Registration” page.
- We do not plan to provide tee-shirts this first year. We are just trying to keep the basics the main focus to get it off the ground. Your entry fee of $20 will come with a rally flag, a few rally stickers and a selection of fun bonus locations throughout the PNW!
- A picnic/RTE is high on our wish-list but not included in the registration. We are waiting to see how 2021 kicks off first…